The City of Kamloops is now accepting applications for its 2019 social planning grants and is encouraging local non-profits and charities to apply.
Each year, the city sets aside $90,000 for local community initiatives.
Activities utilizing the funding must:
- Meet at least one priority of the City of Kamloops Social Plan (Kamloops.ca/socialplan)
- Adhere to the principles of the Sustainable Kamloops Plan (Kamloops.ca/sustainable)
- Strengthen and enhance the well-being of our community
- Promote volunteering, where appropriate
- Address social concerns
- Improve community or agency capacity to meet specific social and/or community needs
- Promote cultural understanding, as applicable
- Partner with other service providers in the community
- Be well publicized in the community
- Occur within the City of Kamloops
The application deadline is Monday, Nov. 19 at 8 a.m.
Applications must be submitted electronically (click HERE to submit a package).
The city says it receives between 15 to 25 applications each year.
Whether an organization is approved or not approved for funding, applicants will be notified on Dec. 6. City council will give its stamp of approval on award amounts at a meeting next March.